I love breakfast and like to switch it up and try new things. This homemade berry and yoghurt mix topped with granola was inspired by the yoghurt compotes you can buy ready made. I decided to try my own as I sometimes find the shop bought ones a little too sweet.
This method is super easy, quick and better yet can last the week, perfect when you’re pushed for time in the mornings. It’s so simple that you really can adapt it to what you like and it’s a good way to save on money. I usually buy the summer fruits frozen berries and I get my greek yogurt from a Turkish Food shop as you get better value for money, but any yoghurt you like will be fine.
- 1 bag of frozen berries
- Greek yoghurt
- Granola (strawberry and yoghurt is my favourite)
- Honey (Optional)
- I put the whole bag of berries depending on how many its for, (for myself I do part of the bag at a time) in a saucepan on a low heat with a small amount of water. Adjust the amount of water depending how thick or watery you prefer
- Once the berries are soft I squeeze some against the side of the pan to break them down while keeping some whole.
- Pour into a jug and keep in the fridge
- Each morning simply put 4-5 tablespoons of Greek Yoghurt in a bowl, some of the berries, top with your favourite granola and a squeeze of honey then you’re good to go.
It really is so simple and you can add anything you like, sometimes ill add fresh fruit depending on what I have. I use the supermarket’s own brand of Granola as I prefer the combination than some of the branded ones and they taste just as good if not better.