For a cooked breakfast I love the combination of avocado and egg, mushroom works nicely too. This is a great way to start the day, its healthy but tasty too. It’s not overly complicated either. For poached eggs I find I get the best results using cling film but I cook it slightly longer when using cling film as I like to make sure it’s cooked fully.
- Olive Oil
- Boil some water in a saucepan
- Cut a small amount of cling film and rub the inside with Olive Oil
- Place the cling film on top on the glass and crack the egg onto it
- Bring the sides up and twist at the top
- Once the water has boiled place the egg in simmering water for 5-7 minutes
- Meanwhile toast some bread and cut the Avocado
- Place the Avocado on the bread and use a fork to break the avocado up
- Place the egg on top and drizzle Olive Oil. Salt and Pepper to taste.
Or try something just as simple…
This is even easier and still fills you up. I find avocado refreshing in the morning but personally don’t like to have it on its own as sometimes it can lack flavour so it’s perfect as a side. This is really easy to make and exactly what you need before a busy day.