This recipe is quick but tasty, the creamy sauce combined with the soft mushrooms and crispy pancetta finished with a slight nutty flavour from the parmesan is one of my favourite pasta dishes. I prefer using linguine or bucatini rather than spaghetti as I like the pasta thicker. This is a great recipe if you’re pushed for time but still want a good home cooked meal.
- Olive oil
- Add a small amount of olive to the frying pan and cook the pancetta completely.
- Remove the pancetta and cook through the mushrooms.
- Once cooked, add the Pancetta back into the pan with the cream and parmesan,
- Crush the garlic and add to the sauce.
- Simmer while the pasta is cooking.
- Take some of the water the pasta was cooked in and add to the sauce, I usually add around half a ladle depending how thick you like it.
- Drain the pasta and add to the frying pan.
- Mix well and serve.