The combination of Nutella and Oreo is one of my favourites. An Oreo base combined with smooth mascarpone and creamy Nutella, topped with an Oreo crunch, what more could you want? I’d made this cheesecake previously minus the Nutella layer and was in love with it, but after watching different video’s I was inspired to add a Nutella layer and now its one of my favourite desserts to make. Mixing mascarpone and cream cheese together as a filling works really well together, and can take any ordinary cheesecake to the next level .
- 2x Original Oreos
- 1x Double Stuffed Oreos
- 200g Cream Cheese
- 200g Mascarpone
- 50g Nutella
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 20g Icing Sugar
- Take one pack of double stuffed Oreos and scoop the inside into a separate bowl.
- Add the biscuits to a bag with a packet of original Oreos and smash into small pieces.
- Combine with the butter then press into a lined tin to create the base, refrigerate.
- Next, melt the Oreo filling and add the mascarpone and cream cheese.
- Combine with a hand mixer adding icing sugar and a dash of vanilla extract.
- Once combined remove half into a separate bowl and add Nutella, I find placing the Nutella into a bowl of boiling hot water helps to loosen it, making it easier to mix.
- Smooth on top of the base one layer at a time.
- Finish with crushed Oreos round the edge and refrigerate to set.
I’m a huge fan of Oreos and Nutella so what better combination but I also don’t like things too sweet and this has the right balance. Strawberries work well to serve, cut the strawberries up before serving and add a little fresh lemon juice and sugar and leave for a while to soften. Enjoy!