This super easy pasta is ideal for an evening when you have little time or energy but still want good food. With just a few ingredients and no time at all this dish is a perfect go to. this recipe was a personal favourite when I was a student living away at university and working part time as after a long day, like most people, I don’t always want to spend hours cooking which is why I love this pasta. It also doesn’t cost a lot to make either which was a bonus .
- Fresh Tortellini
- Olive oil
- Red onion
- Tomato puree
- Garlic Powder
- Chilli (Optional)
- Fry the onions off in the olive oil.
- Continue to fry the onions and add the Tomato Puree, add according to how many you are cooking for*.
- Add enough water depending how much Puree you have used, slightly thicker is better.
- Add the oregano and garlic powder, I like lots of oregano.
- Add the cream and rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for a little while until the Tortellini is ready
- Drain the Tortellini and mix straight into the frying pan, serve with fresh basil.
*Be sure to fry the tomato puree before adding water as it improves the flavour.
Pasta is one of my favourite dishes as theres endless combinations and always something new to try! Make sure you try this dish at homes as it’s full of flavour, creamy and delicious. I like using Tortellini with porcini mushrooms as I love the flavour, spinach and ricotta also works well.