It wasn’t until I decided to make these I realised how easy they were to make. This recipe makes quite a lot so it is time consuming when frying but worth it. Combined with a chocolate and Dulce de Leche sauce these sweet treats are addicting. And if you’re not a huge fan of cinnamon simply adjust the amount but it is perfect with these.
1 cup milk
⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons of butter
1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 large bar of Milk Chocolate
- In a saucepan add the milk, butter and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Remove from heat when bubbles start to form and add all the flour, stirring constantly.
- Cook the dough until it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan and forms a smooth ball.
- Allow it to cool and mix in the eggs.
- Place the dough into a piping bag with a large flower nozzle.
- Squeeze the bag over the hot oil cutting with scissors at the desired length.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together and coat the pastry in the mixture.
- For the chocolate sauce, melt the cream and chocolate together on a low heat.
- For the Dulce de Leche, put the can of condensed milk in simmering water for 2-4 hours.
These churros taste delicious, with a crispy edge and a soft warm centre, they taste great on their own but both sauces make it even better. They’re ideal if there is a lot of people as it makes enough for around 6-8 people.